CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 31 & 32 (April 11-12)

DAY 31-

We had a crazy nurse today, I hope we never have her again. She wouldn't leave us alone!! She just talked the whole time. I don't mind a little bit of chit-chat, but eventually, I just want to be left alone and enjoy the time with my baby. She actually TOOK the camera out of Matt's hands to take a picture of us. That's just a little too forward for me. And she told me how to parent Katryn, because apparently ALL two year olds act the same. Poke me in the eye.


Anyway, they dropped Martin's O2 level from 3 liters down to 2 1/2 on the low flow because he was doing good. Hopefully they can keep dropping him, and get him off the cannula! Then he just has to learn how to eat and put on some more weight and he can come home!!

DAY 32--ONE MONTH BIRTHDAY
One month already. I was hoping to still be on bedrest at this time. Martin is still growing good. He's now 3lbs13oz and 17" long. While we were there, the neonatologist came and talked with us. They took another xray on his lungs, and they look exactly the same as last week. The steroids had no effect on him.

They don't know what it is, but they're still not ready to stick a tube down and take a sample. They think it might be cystic fibrosis. There's no family history of that though, so we hope that's not the case. I read the life expectancy is around 30years for people with CF. I can't imagine that for my boy.

They're going to run some more tests and we'll get the results back in about 2 weeks. In the meantime, they're going to start antibiotics and see if that has some effect. We're hoping it's just a lung infection that can be easily taken care of.

2 comments:

My-Garden of Eden

Krystal,

You for sure will be in my prayers! My sister Jenni has a little girl with CF and my brother Chris has a little girl with CF. It was no where in our family before my sisters little one. They have made a lot of break throughs more recently. 30 years in adverage but if it is treated well they can live a lot longer. If your test comes back positive Jenni would be a great person to talk to. She can give you so much hope in it since she is going through it with her little one. You can read more about her Jayden on her blog. www.lawrencefam.com I pray though for you that it is not CF. Take care and by the way he is a WAY cute baby!!
Abbi Spencer Penn

Steve

My cousin has CF. They have come a long way! I remember going to their house as a kid, '89-'91 ish, and we were told to not share silver ware or use someone else's glass. Apparently it was not common knowledge that CF was genetic. I also read a diary/book in high school (or jr high) about a girl who had it. In that the average life expectancy was 20 so it is increasing if now it is 30. I hope it keeps increasing cuz my cousin is my age!

Post a Comment